|SHERWOOD FOREST CRIER|
MAY 31, 2010
Community Character Protection Meetings
Sherwood Forest neighborhood has been covered under the Community Character Protection Interim Measures for the past two years, and this protection expires August 2010. The neighborhood association officers and board of directors are recommending that we make the Community Character Protection overlay permanent by adopting the newly approved ordinance CC1 Community Character Protection District (click this link to see the entire ordinance). This ordinance is essentially the same as the current Interim Measures, so there would be no change from the current conditions. We would just be making them permanent.
Plan of action for implementing the CC1 Community Character Protection District:
If you have questions about this process please email Ed Tilden, President of the Sherwood Forest Neighborhood Association at email@example.com.
- On June 8th from 6:00 - 8:00pm at the Sherwood Forest ARP Church on Beltline Blvd we will have a community discussion about the new ordinance. This is your opportunity to learn all about it and ask questions of the city staff responsible for it. Light refreshments will be provided.
- On June 22nd from 6:00 - 8:00pm at the Sherwood Forest ARP Church on Beltline Blvd we will have voting on whether or not to apply the ordinance to our neighborhood. Simply drop by, pick up your pre-addressed ballot, vote, and drop your ballot into the secure ballot box. City staff will be manning the polls, will tally the vote, and inform us of the results.
- A post card announcing these two meeting s is being sent out by the city the week of May 24th to all official property owners in Sherwood Forest.
- The city will also mail out absentee ballots in case property owners cannot make it to the polls on June 22nd. The absentee ballots will be sent to the city and their staff will tally them with the ballots cast on June 22nd.
- If the proposal is approved by majority vote (of ballots cast) it will have to go to the next scheduled Planning Commission meeting (likely July) and after that, the next scheduled Zoning Public Hearing (likely September). The Zoning Public Hearing is typically succeeded by two readings within a few weeks of the initial Zoning Public Hearing (occasionally City Council will combine a public hearing and first reading when they are comfortable doing so; then a second reading follows). A formal legislative process is followed here since an approved CC-1 for Sherwood Forest would enter the zoning ordinance as a map and text amendment.
Read this online on the Sherwood Forest Neighborhood Association web site...
Welcome to our newest web site advertiser:
Doc's Gumbo Grille, 3830 Rosewood Drive, 803-256-4440
Also thanks go to renewing web site advertisers Medicine Mart Pharmacy, Modern Exterminating, Prime Financial and Sammi's Deli!
Advertise your business on the Sherwood Forest web site to attract traffic to your web site and your business from interested propects not only from the Sherwood Forest neighborhood but also from across the Columbia metropolitan area and beyond!
Join The SFNA Now For 2010
Please consider joining the Sherwood Forest Neighborhood Assocation. The yearly membership fee is only $20 and your membership will be good until January 2011.
Sherwood Forest Neighborhood Association is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, so dues are tax deductible! Please take a moment to download, print and fill out the Sherwood Forest Neighborhood Survey located on the neighborhood website, www.sherwoodforestneighbors.org. Please mail the form and your payment to our treasurer Rhett Bailey at 511 Kalmia Drive, Columbia, SC 29205. You may also fill out an online version of the survey and pay your dues online using PayPal or your credit card or bank account. Renewing members need not fill out the survey.
Why should you join the SFNA? Find out here...
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your approved sender list in whatever email client or system you are using to make sure you are able to receive the Sherwood Forest Neighborhood Association Crier!|
Sherwood Forest Neighborhood Association, Inc. Columbia, South Carolina
© Copyright 2010 Sherwood Forest Neighborhood Association. All rights reserved.